Monday, March 9, 2015

Health Week Zimtal Milk Bags


Zimtal Nut Milk Bag

Contents:

  • 1 high quality nylon food bag

About:


My family has been trying to make healthier decisions lately. It has been a slow process but we have been making the change to healthier foods gradually. Some of the things my girls enjoy as a treat are alternate milks. Even though I try to go with the milks grown in the US with no added hormones or any processes, I do notice they contain a lot of "organic" chemicals. Yes they are healthier then the other chemicals but the more I can avoid the better. I was thrilled when I was contacted to review the Zimtal Nut Milk Bag. I had so many healthy ideas running through my head I did not know where to start.

When the Zimtal Nut Milk Bag arrived, the first thing I did was give it a quick rinse and then go to work. Yes it it true. The bag has a nice silky feel to it. I was shocked and would be fully happy to work with it all day. Coconut milk seems to be the most popular so that is what we went with. After placing all the ingredients in the trainer. I poured the mixture in the bag. My little girl had a lot of fun squeezing out all the milk. I actually let her help me from the start. The draw string feature was amazing. I did not have to worry about it spilling all over the place. She had all the independence and no coconut pieces spilled. After the mixture was strained, I gave it a quick test. There were no pieces floating around the liquid. So far so good. I place it in the fridge and we all have some homemade coconut milk. 

For me, the biggest test was how it would wash out. Boy was this the best feature yet. After dumping the extra pieces out, I turned the bad inside out and gave it a quick rinse. It washed off so fast, I almost forgot I place anything inside the bag. I left it to hang while I did other chores and when I came back, it was dry. Fast wash easy to put away. Works well for a busy household. 

Pros:

  • Feels good on hands
  • Strains well
  • Draw string feature allows children to help in the kitchen
  • Easy to clean and re-use
  • Fast drying

Cons:

  • Nothing. I could actually use more of them. One for each girl so they can help out.

Healthy Suggestions:

  • Make your own milks and let your little kids help out. Yes in addition to having healthier choices in the kitchen, having your children squeeze the bag will not only strengthen your childrens fine motor skills, but having them participate might get them more excited to taste the new foods.
  • Take your milks and try adding them to fruit smoothies. My girls are very into fruits so after we made our milk, I had them go and select two of their favorite fruits. After placing it in the blender we used the milks instead of ice-cream and had a nice drink. If you are a little on the braver side, take some of the extra pieces from the bag and add as a nice garnish. It tastes great and less waste. 

Recipes:

  • Coconut Milk: In a blender, place 2 cups shredded and 4 cups waster. Blend. Place mixture in Zimtal Nut Milk Bag and strain. Shake well before drinking. Best when served chilled. 
  • Almod Milk: 1 cup raw almonds 2 cups water. After soaking almonds in bowl overnight drain and place in blender. Add 2 cups of water and blend. Place in Zimtal Nut Milk Bag and strain. Best when served chilled.
These are just the basics. If you want more flavor, there are plenty of health options to be added like honey and pure organic cocoa powder. Each family will find their own flavor. Eating healthy should be fun so try experimenting and let me know what your family enjoys.

Bottom Line:


The Zimtal Nut Milk Bag is a really great product. My girls have had so much fun preparing different types of milks. Not only are they enjoying the milks, but I am seeing a whole new creative side to them. I would not only recommend adding the Zimtal Nut Milk Bag to your kitchen, but I am considering getting mother one so each of my girls can help in the kitchen at the same time.

*If you are interested in adding the Zimtal Nut Milk Bag to your kitchen, feel free to click on any of the links.